Decker Machine Works, Inc.
Decker Machine Works is a contract precision manufacturing company, specializing in the fabrication of multi-axis machined parts to customer specifications across a broad spectrum of materials from polymers to super-alloys.
The CNC machine programmer / operator reads and interprets technical drawings and CAD models, writes computer numerical control (CNC) programs for multiple machine/controller types, generates setup and process documentation, and provides technical support for continued production operations. Programmer / operator is expected to perform machinist duties and responsibilities such as machine setup, operation of CNC machines to fabricate parts, cycling machines and detecting malfunctions in machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools, and performing preventive machine maintenance as necessary. CNC Programmers / Operators run production lots, communicate with co-workers regarding production runs, and maintain a clean, safe, and organized work area.
Must be able to multi-task—normal work load is operating two (2) CNC machines simultaneously. Must work well under pressure and be able to manage changing deadlines and priorities. Must be willing to cross train and assist other work areas when needed. Must be willing and able to work one of three non-standard shifts as assigned (4am – noon / 8am – 4pm / 10am – 7pm).
- Prefer a candidate with several years of machinist experience, or equivalent educational credentials.
- Preferably experienced programming with CAD/CAM software such as MasterCam, Gibbs, and PartMaker.
- Preferably experienced with reading and interpreting GD&T for both production machining and part inspection.
- Preferably experienced with both manual and CNC machines, conversational programming and CNC coding, preferably with knowledge of Mitsubishi, Fanuc, and/or G-Code operated controls.
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate advanced technical skills and mathematical skills, ability to read and interpret complex blueprints, high attention to detail, good documentation and communication skills, excellent memory, hands on practicality, time management, advanced drafting and drawing skills, advanced computer design application skills, and the ability to quickly learn and apply skills.
- Preferably experienced with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation commensurate with experience, includes paid company holidays. Benefits include: Paid Vacation and Sick Time, Matching IRA Retirement Contributions (up to 3% of earned income)