Decker Machine Works, Inc.
Summary – Job Responsibilities – Activities
The Quality and Compliance Manager administers and maintains the company’s quality procedures and monitors both production processes and the quality of manufactured goods to ensure product quality and compliance with both customer- and regulatory- requirements. The Quality and Compliance Manager works to understand the causes of defects and inefficiencies, and provides solutions to mitigate risks and prevent future problems. They also make sure that other employees are trained to understand quality standards and safety requirements. They often help create solutions as part of a team.
The Quality and Compliance Manager has responsibility and authority that includes, but is not limited to:
- Ensuring that processes needed for Decker Machine Works’ quality management system are established, implemented, and maintained
- Ensuring that products and processes adhere to quality standards
- Collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data, and reporting to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement
- Ensuring the promotion of awareness of customer and regulatory requirements and the importance of risk-analysis throughout Decker Machine Works processes
- Training and managing other employees in quality and safety procedures and production practices
- Tracking products through the manufacturing process to guarantee that each part of the process is correct
- Scheduling and initiating company internal audits (whether performed internally or by third-party), as well as scheduling and coordinating annual certification and surveillance audits
- Following-up on the results of audits to ensure that corrective actions and recommendations are implemented and effective
- Tracking open Non-conforming Materials Report (NMR) items and Corrective Action Report (CAR) items, and following-up on the results of remedial actions
- Scheduling and conducting management review meetings, and completing meeting minutes
- Providing customer service for product- and quality-related complaints and returns
- Other related duties as directed by top management
Education – Experience
Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in natural sciences, business management, industrial science, statistics, or another related field is desired.
Professional experience in production and/or manufacturing is desired. Professional experience in employee education and training is preferred. Other relevant professional certifications are a plus.
Preference will be given to applicants based on education, experience, and evidence of demonstrated work-ethic.
Required Skills, Competencies, Authorities and Training Needs
- Familiarity with quality standards to follow international, federal, state, and local regulations
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Communication and interpersonal skills to convey information in reports, meetings, and employee training programs
- Analysis, critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to review systems and processes, find flaws, and pose solutions to those flaws
- Ability to handle stress
- Ability to operate under deadlines while still meeting standards
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is required, including Word, Excel, and Outlook. Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 is preferred.
Other training requirements – Comments
- The Quality and Compliance Manager will be expected to be familiar with the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
- Familiarity with the following industry and regulatory requirements is not required, but is a plus— Quality: AS9100; EU: RoHS, REACH; US: OSHA, DFARS, Conflict Minerals, ITAR
- Familiarity with the following theories and methods is not required, but is a plus: Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), Statistical Process Control (SPC), Lean Manufacturing Principles, 5S/6S, Kaizen/Continuous Improvement, Training Within Industry (TWI)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com