Decker Machine Works, Inc.
Decker Machine Works is a contract precision manufacturing company, specializing in the fabrication of multi-axis machined parts to customer specifications across a broad spectrum of materials from polymers to super-alloys.
The industrial janitor performs a wide variety of janitorial and maintenance duties, and is responsible for keeping the facility neat and clean at all times. Must be able to multi-task and direct your own work progress throughout the day with the aid of a checklist for regularly scheduled cleaning tasks: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, etc.
- Sweeps, vacuums, mops, scrubs and polishes floors using industrial vacuum cleaners and floor cleaning machines. May also sweep walks, remove snow, spread sand, or perform other incidental seasonal tasks.
- Dusts and washes walls, windows and ledges, cleans ceilings and dusts and polishes light fixtures, sometimes requiring use of a ladder.
- Cleans and sanitizes lunchroom counters, sinks, and other surfaces.
- Cleans and sanitizes restroom fixtures, sinks, and other surfaces, including toilets, basins, and urinals.
- Refills restroom paper towel and soap dispensers.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean areas.
- May remove stains from such surfaces as carpets, rugs, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Remove trash and recycling from offices and production areas, may require heavy lifting up to 50 lbs. at one time.
- Operates a vehicle to take cardboard and other recycling to the Greenfield Transfer Station.
- Occasionally cleans deactivated industrial equipment with guidance from production personnel.
- Must keep janitor’s closet and cleaning equipment neat, orderly, and in good working condition.
- Responsible for performing regular maintenance and upkeep on cleaning equipment such as vacuums and floor scrubber machines.
- Continuously improves the cleaning and sanitation process.
- Performs other related duties as needed or as assigned.
- Knowledge of basic janitorial duties and responsibilities and ability to clean quickly and thoroughly.
- Ability to work and complete daily tasks without supervision.
- Must be able to use industrial cleaning chemicals and understand chemical safety and chemical handling procedures, sometimes requiring measurement of concentrations.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must have good listening and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle and have a valid driver’s license.
- Mechanical aptitude for cleaning equipment maintenance desired.
Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred.
- 1 year of experience in commercial janitorial or housekeeping work desired.
Moderate to heavy physical effort throughout the workday. Must be able to stand and walk long distances up to 8 hours per day. Must be able to stoop and work from a kneeling position, perform repetitive bending, reaching and stretching. Must be able to climb ladders to perform some cleaning duties. Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 lbs. independently (or more with assistance). Must be able to push and/or pull wheeled carts and equipment weighing up to 100 lbs. over tiled, laminated, and carpeted surfaces over long distances. Must be able to operate a vacuum, work in confined spaces around furniture and breakable objects.
Combination of light industrial manufacturing environments and office environments. Regularly exposed to dust, odors, oil, fumes, cleaning products, and noise. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, ear plugs or other PPE may be required at times.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.75 to $14.00 /hour, depending on experience